NEW PODCAST SERIES WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE
Navigating through the music therapy internship experience can be exciting and challenging at once. We are four music therapy interns enrolled in the music therapy program at the University of Louisville who want to share our experience with you to give you a better idea what internship is all about. This audio podcast series includes the following topics:
· How To Be Successful At the AMTA Internship Fair (Chris Millett)
· Tips For Applying and Interviewing For Internships (Nicole Carlson),
· Music Therapy Internship Expectations (Ethan Schmidt),
· A Typical Day In a Medical Music Therapy Internship (Mary Brieschke), and
· Five Tips For Developing A Successful Clinical Music Therapy Program (Ellen Trammel).
This podcast series was developed during our internship seminars under the supervision of faculty advisor Dr. Petra Kern. We all worked together and capitalized on our strengths. Credit for the unique jingle and production of the podcasts goes to Chris Millett. Nicole Carlson wrote the text for the introduction and closing while Mary Brieschke lent her voice. Ethan Schmidt connected us with AMTAS to post the podcasts on the AMTAS website.
We hope the information presented will be helpful as you navigate through your own internship experience. Thank you for tuning in!
Christopher Millett How To Be Successful At the AMTA Internship Fair
Nicole Carlson Tips For Applying and Interviewing For Internships
Ethan Schmidt Music Therapy Internship Expectations
Mary Brieschke A Typical Day In A Medical Music Therapy Internship
Ellen Trammel Five Tips For Developing A Successful Clinical Music Therapy Program